January 4, 2017 at 8:28 pm #742rmsuydamParticipant
Been using Mosaico for about two years. Some increasing frustrating issues I see. Windows 10, Surface Book, 4k x 2k monitor when docked; 3k x 2k screen when undocked (I don’t use both at once).
The latest version, the “Auto Arrange” feature is on by default on every restart. Previously, I turned it off once, and it stayed off. Very annoying if you don’t like the feature.
I keep having my snapshots stop working. I have to manually arrange my windows, and take a new snapshot. Even though it’s virtually the same arrangement (maybe only off a few pixels), the images go bad. For example, if my computer goes to sleep, upon wake, all my windows are clustered in the top-left of my 4k screen, filling approx. a 1024×768 space. When I click to restore the snapshot, windows will over time stop responding, until eventually none of my applications will return to their right position. Then I have to manually arrange and make a new snapshot.
Slack and Spotify don’t respond well to snapshot restoration.
If you have a reminder window open in Outlook, and restore a snapshot, the reminder window (which is not resizable in the UI) fills whatever screen space you allocated to Outlook. From there, all future Outlook pop-ups consume that screen space until you restart. Very annoying to have to dismiss all Outlook reminders before a restore.
If GoToMeeting is running and you restore a snapshot, GoToMeeting control panel disappears, and cannot be recovered. The only way to go forward is to right-click the GoToMeeting taskbar item, close the window (which ends your meeting) then relaunch. I’d love to be able to switch layouts while presenting in GoToMeeting.
I keep two Outlook windows open at all times, one for my inbox and one for calendar. Mosaico is surprisingly consistent at putting the right one in the right place. Occasionally Mosaico will swap them. But, sometimes, Mosaico will just launch 1-2 NEW Outlook windows on snapshot restore.
One feature request I’d like to see: the AutoArrange feature would be much more useful if I could define the pixel space for the pres-sets. With a 4k screen, the default options just don’t quite work for me.April 11, 2017 at 10:01 pm #748adminKeymaster
– Please try to deselect “Start with manual arrangement engaged” option in Settings -> General
– If some applications seem not to be responding to a snapshot restore, please try to press the restore button again. Snapshots restore has a timeout and if you have many windows it could expire.
– Slack and Spotify should work just fine. Please try to press “restore” again or run Mosaico as administrator and see if this solves the problem.
– Yes this is a bug. Unfortunately it’s not easy for Mosaico to understand which window is which for every application. It sees every window related to process “outlook.exe” as an instance of Outlook itself. I’ll try to extend the custom behaviors list to Outlook as well, thank you for reporting!
– Same problem as above. Maybe it could be useful to have an “exclusion list” with the apps to ignore when restoring a snapshot.
– That’s probably because Outlook instances are launched with command line parameters. In this case (if command lines are different) it’s easy to understand which window is which. However if you start Outlook manually (i.e. no command line parameters), Mosaico will interpret these as different instances you want to launch and will act consequently. This is something to tune up in the next releases.
– Custom layouts are coming in the next release! :)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.